Update From Sky Valley Social Services
Just a reminder that the Sky Valley Social Services Meetings are cancelled this month and next month, and in lieu of meeting, I wanted to share a few updates on available programs and services to help those in need during this time of crisis.
- Sultan Boys & Girls Club:
- Is open for child care. Monday through Friday from 6am-6pm. Please call 360-793-2515 if you’d like to connect with them or have any questions.
- Sky Valley Volunteers of America:
- Our Sky Valley Resource Center is open, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm. We can connect people to available resources and services, as well as provide emergency financial assistance to those that qualify. We are expecting a large increase in households that are needing this in the few weeks, as hourly jobs start getting cut, lack of child care beginning to take effect, and many other factors as I’m sure you all know.
- Our Sultan Food Bank is still open during regular hours: Thursdays from 5-7pm and Fridays from 9:30am-12pm.
- We are in need of donations. Please see the attached document with our ‘top 10 needed items.’
- Last week, we saw 9 new households come to our food bank, and saw 110 in total between Thursday evening and Friday morning service. We expect this to increase.
- In partnership with the amazing Operation Full Bellies, our Sky Valley Youth Coalition will still be providing weekend meal bags to families within Sultan School District. We are so grateful to the school district for providing breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday to all children 0-18 via bus routes and in-person pickups at SMS and GBE!
- If you know of a family that needs a bag of food over the weekend, please have them reach out to us at 360-793-2400.
- Our SEND program (Sky Valley Elderly Nutrition Delivered) will still be delivering weekly meals to homebound seniors and those with disabilities. Please feel free to refer those interested in this service to us at 360-793-2400. Please know our service area is vast, from east Monroe to Skykomish. We seek to fill this need, and it is growing!
- Our Sky Valley Senior & Community Center is closed through March as of right now, and will probably be extended through April.
- The Sky Valley ECEAP program is also closed following the school district closure, until at least April 24th.
Thank you, all, and please stay safe!
Executive Director, Community Resource Centers
Volunteers of America Western Washington
701 1st St. Sultan, WA 98294
Tel: 360-793-2400 x14008