NOTICE OF APPLICATION
RE:Building Variance – Application No. BV-007-20 Location: 505 Croft Ave, Gold Bar, WA 98251 Tax Parcel No.00457502001300
The following information is provided in accordance with Gold Bar Municipal Code 19.02.040.
1. Date of Application: Sept 21, 2020. Date of the Notice of Completeness: Sept 29, 2020. Date of the Notice of Application: Sept 29, 2020
2. Project Description: The applicant seeks a building variance to reduce the required 20’ (foot) setback to 5’ ( foot). The buffer reduction is required to construct a pole building in a 30’ X 60’ footprint.
3. No other permits are included in the application.
4. Public comments will be taken from Sept 30, 2020 to October 14, 2020, 5:00PM. It is the right of any person to comment on the application, receive notice of and participate in any hearings, request a copy of the decision once made, and any appeal rights. Written comments may be mailed to City of Gold Bar, 107-5th Street, Gold Bar, WA 98251.
6. An Open Record Public Hearing will be held before the Hearing Examiner on Oct 15th 2020. Please contact City Hall to participate.
7. A preliminary determination of consistency has been made at the time of this notice. In accordance with GBMC 19.40.010, the determination of consistency shall include the following:
a. The type of land use permitted at the site, including uses that may be allowed under certain circumstances, if the criteria for their approval have been satisfied; The proposed action location is designated Community Business. No Change.
b. The level of development, such as units per acre, density in urban growth areas, or other measures of density; The 2015 City of Gold Bar Comprehensive Plan, Capital Facilities, includes the need for a new Public Works Building.
c. Availability and adequacy of infrastructure and public facilities identified in the comprehensive plan, if the plan or development regulations provide for funding of these facilities as required by RCW Chapter 36.70A; and
Infrastructure and public facilities are located adjacent to the proposed land use action.
d. Character of the development, such as development standards.The proposed building meets current design requirements and is consistent with existing buildings.
8. A SEPA checklist was submitted with the application. Based on information in the submitted SEPA checklist and a site visit, city staff have made a Determination of Non- Significance.
Please contact Rich Norris or Denise Beaston at (360)793-1101 for more information.