May Creek Road, Bridge 559 | Snohomish County, WA – Official Website
May Creek Road, Bridge 559
April 2017 Update
- Construction will begin April 10, 2017.
- The bridge will be closed April 17, 2017 through November 2017.
- Hours of operation for construction crews is approximately Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Snohomish County Public Works is planning a bridge replacement project for May Creek Bridge 559. The bridge provides vehicular access to rural residential communities in the Skykomish River Valley, east of Gold Bar. The existing structure, which was built in 1975, has been deemed structurally deficient due to scour and eroding conditions.
Construction for the replacement is projected to take place 2017. It includes a longer 100-foot, single span, pre-stressed precast concrete girder superstructure. The replacement bridge will be 28-feet wide curb-to-curb with two 11-foot travel lanes and 3-foot shoulders.
- There will be no access across the bridge during construction.
- Traffic will be detoured (see map at top right).