Request For Qualifications
Scope of Work
The City of Gold Bar is soliciting Statements of Qualifications (“SOQs”) from qualified information technology individuals or firms (hereafter ‘IT’) to provide certain contracted professional services for and on behalf of the City of Gold Bar, for information technology support. IT services and consultation will be on-call to provide general professional services on an as-needed basis primarily during normal business hours with occasional after-hours for emergencies.
IT must demonstrate technical expertise, flexibility, and availability to meet the multi-faceted technology needs and support demands of the City of Gold Bar.
Specific responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assessment of all information technology-related assets, functionality, and risk
- Application support including performing basic support functions associated with normal operating procedures of all IT-related equipment
- Diagnosis, maintenance, repairs, configurations, installations, hardware, software, and advanced troubleshooting
- Assisting designated city personnel with IT-related needs
- Managing server and workstation systems and networks including complex applications, databases, email, web, servers associated hardware and software, communications, and operating systems
- Regular maintenance, upgrades, patches, user logins, and security
- Network administration services including installation and maintenance of printers, copiers, scanners, laptops, desktops, etc.
- Security, including virus detection programs, security audits, and risk assessment
- Data backups, including maintaining offsite backups of all system data
- Strategic planning for system enhancements
- Working with city staff, council, and/or Mayor on budgeting, audits, and reporting
- Regular communication with city staff by phone, email, and in person except for text messages, which are not utilized.
- Familiarity with current applications such as Microsoft 365 and the ability to quickly learn City-specific software.
Additional information may be required during the evaluation phase.
All SOQs must be submitted to the City of Gold Bar by 5:00 pm on October 29th, 2021.
SOQs may be hand-delivered to the following address:
City of Gold Bar
107 5th Street
Gold Bar, WA 98251
SOQs may be mailed to the same address but must be received (not postmarked) by October 29th, 2021.
Alternatively, SOQs may be emailed to the City of Gold Bar Office Manager, Denise Beaston, at email@example.com. Any email must be received prior to 5:00 pm October 29th, 2021.
No SOQ will be accepted after that date.
After review of SOQs, the City may elect to schedule interviews, either in person or via Zoom.
A determination will be made, and applicants notified, prior to 5:00 pm November 30th. The successful applicant shall sign a contract and be available for training and/or transfer of responsibilities during the month of December, with the position taking effect January 1st, 2022.
For questions, please contact Office Manager Denise Beaston at 360-793-1101 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.