- This event has passed.
Snowshoe with a Ranger, Sat. & Sun, Feb. 10th thru March 25th
February 10, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
2930 Wetmore Ave. Ste. 3A
Everett, WA 98201
Snowshoe with a Forest Service Ranger!
Make your reservations here or by calling the Skykomish Ranger Station at 360-677-2414 to schedule a group of 15 – 20. Follow the “Snowshoe Trek with a Ranger” sign in the Stevens Pass Resort Parking Lot A and meet at the Forest Service Guard Station. Trips for special events and school groups can also be scheduled.
Reservations are required though same-day sign-ups are possible and snowshoes are provided. A $15 donation for adults and $10 donation for youth 16 and under is suggested.
Snowshoe with a Ranger
Learn about the winter environment, plants, wildlife, local history, and snow safety on this 90-120 minute guided nature discovery tour along the Pacific Crest Trail. Meet at the Forest Service Guard Station by Parking Lot A at the Stevens Pass Mountain Resort. We will start the orientation in the Guard Station before starting the one mile hike. An optional Stevens Pass history presentation will be given at 10:30.
Snowshoes are provide! Please bring the following items from home:
- Gear and clothing: Waterproof pants and jacket (breathable is preferred), hat, sunglasses, gloves and warm clothing layers beginning with a base layer made of silk, wool, or a synthetic fabric (no cotton!). A backpack for carrying an extra layer of clothes, water, food and first aid kit
- Footwear: Sturdy waterproof boots with ankle support
- Water: More than you’d think, snowshoeing makes you thirsty! Consider packing some hot cider, coffee or tea in a thermos as well
- Lunch/Snacks: High energy snacks, we’ll break for lunch at some amazing spots!
- Optional: Camera, GPS, map, binoculars, poles, extra shoes and socks to change in to for the ride home
Dates: Saturdays: 11:00 a.m., January 06 through March 24
Dates: Sundays: 11:00 a.m., January 07 through March 25
Maximum group size: 2